Wikipedia Consulting Services
Demystifying Wikipedia Editing
To the Point Collaborative guides clients through Wikipedia editing. Our Wikipedia consulting team cuts through the difficulty by offering businesses, nonprofits, and individual clients the opportunity to learn how to edit their existing articles.
Our consulting services may be what you need if you have had any of the following experiences:
- Your Wikipedia article is outdated and needs to reflect the current status of your organization or of you as an individual
- You or someone in your organization attempted in good faith to edit a Wikipedia article and all the edits were reverted by a volunteer editor
- Someone vandalized your Wikipedia page
- Your page has been proposed for deletion
- Your article has a banner on it strongly suggesting it:
- needs better citations to support information in it or
- is written like an advertisement and needs to be rewritten
We can help with any of the above situations.
How we help you
- We assess your needs
- We research the amount of high-quality media coverage you have had, the history of the editing done to-date on your article, and the degree of difficulty we are likely to encounter in assisting you
- We agree upon a Scope of Work for the engagement
- We train someone on your staff who will be the Client Editor throughout the process
- We collaborate with you to develop an Ideal Revised Article that will serve as our model for making edits to your article
- We prepare very specific guidelines for editing the article in Google Docs and guide the Client Editor through every edit that is made on the article
- We guide the Client Editor through any engagements with volunteer Wikipedia editors.
Wikipedia’s guidelines also strongly discourage a paid staff person from editing their organization’s article. However, if everyone is transparent — and strictly abides by the rules for editing so that your edits improve Wikipedia — edits can be, and have been, successfully accomplished.
This is where our expertise lies: In guiding you or your editor through the tricky process of COI editing on Wikipedia.
We understand the rules for COI Wikipedia editing — and so will you once you have worked with us.