Client Success, Nonprofit Communications
Housecall Providers Changes the Way America Does Healthcare
Housecall Providers is a nonprofit that offers home medical services and hospice care to patients who have great difficulty making the trip to a medical clinic. Most of the patients are elderly, have more than one serious medical condition, and are homebound.
Our challenge was to raise awareness about Housecall Providers’ services and grow the organization.
After a short-term newsletter project, To the Point was retained to:
- Help the organization recruit practitioners for the organization’s unique service model.
- Promote this service model locally and nationally to meet subsequent objectives:
- Increase fundraising,
- Attract new patients,
- Recruit board members, volunteers, community partnerships, — Become national healthcare influencers.
Using authentic photography, videos, design elements, and a new marketing approach, we focused on better connecting Housecall Providers’ with its audience through storytelling.
- Use true-to-life visuals and text to create vignettes explaining the nonprofit’s mission. Example: A Day In the Life of a Nurse Practitioner
- Identify the organization’s core values, articulate them, and embed those values throughout the subsequent marketing and communications campaigns
- Reach out to like-minded entities, and partner with donors, major grant makers and funders (U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services)
- Redesign newsletter to tell the nonprofit’s history and day-to-day activities through stories about real patients, practitioners, supporters, and staff
- Create new section of the website focused on recruiting MDs, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants to the practice
- Development of designs for logos, marketing collateral, the website, events and recruiting tools
- Training of members for speaking opportunities and for promotional, training and explanatory videos
- Create Ambassador Kit to support recruiting team members
- Create video, photo, and graph image libraries for other marketing and sharing purposes